If you don't find your answer here - feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com or just give us a call!
HOW DO I GET IN THE BUilding?
Our building is located at 1932 S. Halsted, Chicago IL. Not Chicago Heights IL! We’re in a big loft building with awesome murals in the front.
When you get to the front door of our building you’ll need to use the call box for us to buzz you in. Dial #413 and make sure to pick up the buzzer phone! A rental tech will meet you downstairs and take you up the elevator to our 4th floor office.
Do you offer student discounts?
We offer students a 30% discount on their first rental. A student ID is required to qualify for this discount and cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions or discounts. Other terms & conditions may apply.
Currently only offered to students from Columbia College Chicago, DePaul University, Northwestern University, and Harold Ramis Film School, and Tribeca Flashpoint College.
Our low daily rates are a result of a very unique pricing strategy that's meant to make professional film gear accessible to students and upcoming filmmakers. Due to this, we do not offer additional discounts on our gear for students beyond their first rental.
How does insurance work?
When you register with us you'll also be applying for Insurance Exempt Status and if accepted, you won't need insurance on orders with a replacement value of $10,000 or less. Things happen and we want to protect all parties from any accidents so a certificate of insurance (COI) is always required if you are not insurance exempt or if your order is above $10,000 in replacement value.
You may also bypass insurance by making a deposit for the total replacement value of the gear you'd like to rent.
We recommend www.insuremyequipment.com for obtaining a Certificate of Insurance for your rentals with us.
Do you provide prep sessions?
Yes! You can request a prep session when you are placing your reservation. Prep sessions can take place either right before pick-up or on a separate day. Just let us know when and we’ll see if the equipment will be available for you.
HOW DO YOU CALCULATE DAILY/WEEKLY RATES?
We always count 24hrs from the agreed pick-up time as one (1) day. We have 5 day "weeks", so when you reserve for 7 days you only pay for 5 days.
We've broken away from the industry standard 3 day weeks so that we can offer substantially lower daily rates. Our weekly rates even out, and still remain 10% lower than our competitors'. This allows filmmakers who are renting for less than a week access to the same high-quality gear at a much more accessible price.
We don't have a weekend rate, however, we are open every day which allows you to take advantage of our daily rates on the weekend too!
What is your cancellation policy?
- We understand that sometimes projects fall through or are moved so let us know 4 or more days ahead of time to avoid any fees.
- If you sign your email confirmation and cancel 3 days before your scheduled pick-up, you’ll be responsible for 25% of your rental cost.
- If you sign your email confirmation and cancel 24 hours before your scheduled pick-up, you’ll be responsible for 50% of your rental cost.
DO YOU DELIVER or ship equipment?
- Not yet!
DO YOU REPAIR OR SELL EQUIPMENT?
- We just started selling select equipment! You can check out our gear for sale by clicking this link.
- We currently do not offer repair services.
Can I send someone else to pick up the gear?
- Yes, however we want to make sure our gear is going to arrive safely to you and not leave with just anyone so thats why we ask that you let us know who will be picking up for you prior to the pick-up time first. We'll then check their ID at the time of pick-up to confirm.
Can I sub-rent equipment with Eleven04?
- We are always open to sub-renting equipment so if you are interested in this, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll talk from there.
What happens if an item gets damaged or stolen?
- We will strike you down with great force, and furious anger - just kidding! You’ll be fine as long as it’s covered by insurance. If you were insurance exempt and did not provide a COI, then you are responsible for the replacement/repair cost of the damaged or stolen items.
- We will inform you of the costs no later than three (3) days after the equipment is returned or after we have been notified about stolen gear.